Saturday, March 28, 2009

put out the fire boys

does anyone know where i can recycle plastic shopping bags and magazines? i've acquired so many of either that i suspect my room may explode at any given time. (i solved this same problem with my overabundance of clothes, by donating huge garbage bags to goodwill.) shame on me, but i just can't stop buying things.

highlights of my days since new york:
- watched religulous while consuming strawberries and cream with the bestie. since watching the film, i've come to the conclusion that the problem with religion is that the majority of followers aren't educated enough about their faith. in the u.s. alone, religion has become such a taboo subject that we can no longer openly discuss it in a public forum. as a result, people become uneducated and vulnerable to blind obedience to fanatical individuals. particularly problematic because those individuals are usually the ones who alter scriptures for the benefit of their own agendas. anyways, bill maher is great. highly recommend for theists and atheists alike.
- cold war kids last night at the orpheum. fun.
- i got bit by a dog. there is a brutal mark on my wrist. i secretly think it looks kind of cool. maybe i'll acquire supernatural canine powers. (such an attractive image, i know.)
- bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. or better yet, salmon cream cheese. my sister should go to vancouver more often.
- more shopping with the sister. to my delight there is a new madewell store in glendale. i'm so in love.

currently waiting to go to venice beach. there's a daddy long leg inching towards me, about ten feet away. time to abandon this room.

2 comments:

*XOXOX* said...

There is a website called freecycle.com, its a website based on keeping items outof landfills. You may be able to find people who need cloths or u mite find stuff for yourself. Its all free(:

Marina Liu said...

Omg next time you're going to donate a bunch of clothes to Goodwill you should let me sift through the pile! :) I take a lot of my friend's leftover clothes... hahaha.

And salmon cream cheese is heavenly...